Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Cinderella Man
I think "Cinderella Man" is appropriate because it was about an underdog who was able to strive to achieve great things. It made me feel happy, because this guy lost everything and wasn't expected to win until he proved the odds wrong. I liked James Braddock because he didn't give up, when people didn't believe in him he still kept on trying. When Max threatened him he refused to let it get to him. He was able to overcome what the great depression did to him and was able to become a great boxer. I think a lot of people deal with issues such as unemployment today like Braddock, the work force is getting harder to get into. Most people who get out of college now struggle to find jobs. I know my generation will struggle, I hope that by the time my children's generation needs jobs the workforce will be better. I probably would steal if we haven't eaten for a week because I wouldn't want my family to be starving. I think that the ethics can be altered concerning issues such as starvation. I don't think they should've portrayed Max that way. It did make the story more interesting but it still wasn't right for them to do that. I think it was just a way for hollywood to put a bad guy in the film. It was supposed to make Braddock look more like the underdog. I think it says that Braddock will forfeit his pride because he cares about taking care of his family. It's not pathetic, it's admirable, most people wouldn't have the courage to do something like that. It defines Braddock as a Cinderella Man because it shows how he's still willing to do as much as he can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When you say that this is true story of Jim Braddock, the underdog, you couldn't be more correct. I completely agree and feel that this movie wouldn't have been as relatable or touching if Jimmy and his family hadn't go down so far in poverty or strength.
ReplyDelete