Monday, February 24, 2014
42
I think 42 was one of the best films we watched so far. I really liked how not only did it show Jackie's struggles, but also Rickey's. I thought it was interesting how the racism effected him and how he was forced not to fight back. I really liked how Rickey was such an important character because it shows that Jackie didn't do it alone. I think that Jackie helped this country because he was willing to take the first step to challenge segregation. After he did, more people continued to do the same. All it takes is one person to challenge something, then everyone else leads behind them. I think Jackie's values would help me challenge my barriers, even though they are quite different because I will be able to relate them to my life. I think courage and integrity are the most important. If you don't stick to your values while they're being tested, they're not values, their hobbies. And that's exactly what Jackie thought. "A life is not important except in the impact is has on other lives," meaning that by making a difference in the world will effect others, whether or not it's good or bad. You're only remembered for things unless you challenge or do something. Our lives and actions affect other people, by acting to help others our lives become more and more significant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kara I agree that this film was great and that Jackie started a movement. Jackies values have helped many people including myself challenge their barriers and reach for their greatest potential.
ReplyDelete