Monday, March 10, 2014

The Godfather

I really enjoyed the Godfather. I think it was because it took place during the postwar time which I really enjoyed, and I liked how it told the story about a mafia family from the inside rather than the outside. I think marlon brando was my favorite, and played the godfather greatly. I also enjoyed michael, tom, and even sonny. There was nothing I didn't like about the movie, actually probably that the godfather died was the only part I didn't like. I think the godfather depicted how a crime family works greatly, and I thought it was interesting how they refused to get into the narcotic business, but the other mafia families said that times were changing, which they in fact were at the time. The moral of the story I guess would be probably to stick by your family. Because even michael said to his brother never to take sides against the family again. I would deffenetly reccomend this to others, except people who hate long movies because it was pretty long. I think this applies to today because gangs still exist, they might not be like the Corleone's but they do exist today and they deal with different issues instead of gambling, like the Tattalia's said, narcotics. Which is really popular in the gang world today. Vito Corleone is the center of the film because he is the godfather, he is who everyone comes to for their problems. They ask him for a favor and Vito will later ask them to return it. I didn't know how organized crime was perpetuated, or how it was organized. I didn't know there was a head man and a Consilierge, and how the different gang leaders interacted. I actually found it quite interesting when all the head of the families met with each other.

1 comment:

  1. Kara, I also enjoyed watching The Godfather! I believe it was a great movie and told us a lot about the mafia! When the Godfather dies, it surprised me. I thought he would have always been there to guide his son in the right direction and helping to make smart decisions. This movie was the perfect example of organized crime.

    ReplyDelete