Monday, March 31, 2014

Defiance

I really liked the film, espesially because it portrayed the story of the Bielski's very accurately. I thought Daniel Craig did great and I think the way everything was portrayed at the time was also accurate. It made me feel really happy and thankful, also kind of proud espesially being jewish. Because It showed how the Bielski's weren't cowards and hiding from the Germans but they would put up a fight. I was a little confused with the Russian side story, but I enjoyed it because it showed how the brothers stuck together no matter what. Tuvia was my favorite character because he was fair and held the camp, he was the leader. I also liked Asael because he was the peacemaker and nuetral one between Zusia and Tuvia. I was a little annoyed with Zusia because he kept on wanting to compete with Tuvia the whole time, but by the end they were able to come together. I think the moral of the story is to not give up, and that when you save one life you save a million. Because all the people saved by the Bielski's, had tons of children and grandchildren and generations of so forth. I think this can apply to today because it teaches us the same value, between family and helping eachother. I think "Revenge is to live" means that during that time the Germans wanted to exterminate all jews, and by living freely not in a prison camp, they were rebelling against them, they refused to be oppressed and listen to the Germans, instead they lived on their own terms in their own community. I think humanity and revenge can coexist because revenge can be for good, not for something bad all the time. I think that some people can take it too far which causes revenge not to be an act of humanity. I think revenge is good according to the situation but not when you're also becoming the bad guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment