Tuesday, April 1, 2014
The Pianist
I really liked the Pianist because it followed Szpilman throughout the entire Holocaust and how he was able to survive. It had me a little scared at moments, like when he hid and ran away from the Nazis, also it was really depressing because of the scene in the Ghettos and the way the Nazis treated the Jews. The movie made me feel really appreciative of what I have and not to take anything for granted. The way everything was fine for Szpilaman's family until the last seconds of the war when Szpilaman's captured by the Russians. It also made me appreciate music, because of the way it helped Szpilaman get through the war and with his encounter with the Nazi officer. The Nazi officer was one of my favorite character's because it showed that not all German's were evil, and how he encouraged Szpilaman to play for him and gave him food and hope. It was even more touching at the end of the war when Szpilaman went to free the officer but was too late. I think there can be many morals of the story, such as always holding onto hope. Szpilaman refused to give up he kept trying to survive. Also, that not all people are just good and evil, like that Nazi officer. I would definitely recommend this to others who enjoy a story of survival and hope, but not to someone who can't handle depressing stories or violence. I think this can apply to today because we all assume that you can be just good or bad, but the theme here is that not all people or either good or evil. I think Hosenfeld realized what horrors the Nazis were doing when he saw Szpilman, and I also think he was moved by Szpilman's music, which caused him to feel sympathy. Hosenfeld might've even felt bad for what the Nazi's had done and wanted to help. I think that Szpilman had no other choice, he couldn't of ran away and he couldn't of fought back, he had to listen to Hosenfeld. I think that Szpilman also realized that he wasn't as cruel as the other nazis, and realized that just because he was in a german uniform it didn't make him evil.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment