Tuesday, April 22, 2014

United 93

I really liked United 93, despite it being extremely suspenseful and depressing I did enjoy it and I'm really glad we were able to watch it. The movie made me feel 1. really scared to go on airplanes (thank god you didn't show this to us before denmark) and 2. extremely proud to be an American. The way the passengers worked together to prevent the terrorists from reaching their destination was just amazing. They decided to sacrifice themselves to protect America. It was extremely hard for me to watch the passengers make phone calls to their family members, and it made me extremely upset for the people because I knew that the plane would crash into a field and they'd all die, but as you said it is human instinct to survive. So therefore when did the passengers realize there was no hope for them? I think the moral of the story is basically teamwork, such as when the passengers all worked together. Bravery is also another one because of the brave actions the passengers took on that flight. I think that all of the characters that worked to fight against the terrorists on the flight were heros and important figures that defended America our great nation. I think that this could apply to today because of what had happened after 9/11, we went to war with Iraq, american patriotism has increased, and our national security has too. This movie and the events that happened on that tragic day made me proud to be an American.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with Kara in that this movie was very scary but also very interesting. It did make me feel scared to go on an airplane but it also made me feel proud to be an American and made me realize the strength and bravery that some people have.

    ReplyDelete