Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Apollo 13
I've already seen Apollo 13 before, but I enjoyed it again a lot. I thought that the whole space mission to the moon on apollo 13 was really interesting to watch. I thought Jim Lovell, who Tom Hanks played greatly, was a really inspiring character. He realized that when the mission was aborted that it was more important for him and his crew to return home rather than to get his glory of walking on the moon. I felt really bad for his wife because even before the mission she was nervous and wouldn't even see him take off. I think the moral of the story would then be to not give up, espessially when NASA refused to let "failure be an option" and get the astronaunts home safely. Also to do what is right or moral, when Lovell decided to abandon his dream of walking on the moon to get his other members of Apollo 13 home safely. Also to trust people because when Mattingly isn't able to go on Apollo 13 anymore because he's sick days before launch, Jack Swigert has to be made apart of the crew despite Lovell having trained with Mattingly and Haise. I think the funding for NASA should continue because I think space exploration is extremely appointment to future developments in technology and for science research. It's not about competing with other countries, it's about protecting our astronaunts who are brave enough to go to space and using money for greater research and knowledge. I think it sucks that U.S. retired it's shuttle program, theres still a ton of exploring space left to do. Just because we went to the moon doesn't mean that's all there is to see in space? I don't think we should worry about staying ahead of other countries in this capacity because if we travel in space I think it should just be for the benefit of us and our country not competition. By traveling in space we are able to learn and collect information to further our technological and scientific developments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment