Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Hurt Locker

I actually did not like the Hurt Locker. I'm not really a fan of war movies but even this one I tried to like it just had no action or suspense. The only suspense was when Will was in the car with that Iraq man to find Beckam and he was sent to the wrong house. The movie did give me a greater appreciation for the US Army, because since it is a volunteer I didn't realize how much they risk their life every day. I really liked sergaent Sanborn and William because of the way they handled everything. William was a little crazy I thought at first but I liked how at the end he refused to leave that Iraq man who had a bomb strapped to him. He tried to help him but realized he couldn't. While I really liked Sanborn because even though he hated William he still protected him and even became friends with him at the end. I don't really know the moral of the story, because I would say war. Since once William came home he was so bored with everyday life he had to return. I would reccomend this to those who are interested in war movies, not to those who aren't a fan of them. I think this applies to today because the Iraq war is going on, and how much warfare has changed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment